In Melbourne, the five most in-demand cosmetic procedures are anti-wrinkle injections, breast augmentation and reduction, fillers and liposuction. Demand for these treatments has risen by more than 50 per cent since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Cosmetic tattooing or permanent makeup allows women to enhance their appearance semi-permanently while still achieving a natural look. Ideally, you should consider a facility for cosmetic tattooing in Melbourne that follows facial morphology principles and utilises tailored medical grade anesthetics. Such a facility’s procedures have little to no downtime. Keep reading to know more about the various aspects of cosmetic tattooing.
How Is Cosmetic Tattooing Different from Permanent Makeup?
Permanent makeup, also known as artistic or decorative body tattoos, are bold and bright. They last for a long time. These tattoos utilise bright and bold ink that is developed to last. It is the implantation of pigment in the deeper level or the dermal layer of the skin. In this process, the professional employs a piece of digital equipment.
On the other hand, cosmetic tattoos are semi-permanent. They enhance the facial features but fade over a specific period. In semi-permanent makeup, the professional implants pigment in the superficial or topical layer of the skin. This process majorly utilises manual application. As the ink is applied through the hand, the semi-permanent makeup duration depends on how heavy or light-handed the professional was in the pigment application. Cosmetic tattoos mainly utilise pigment and not ink. These pigments come in softer tertiary shades. It’s crucial because subtlety is vital in cosmetic tattooing.
Popular Cosmetic Tattooing Procedures
There are many kinds of cosmetic tattoos. Given below are some popular ones.
- Microblading – Those who like more defined or fuller brows can go in for microblading. It is a semi-permanent treatment in which the experts design and draw the shape of the brow that accentuates your natural features. There are two types of semi-permanent brows. A feathered (microbladed) brow or a combination of feathered and powder brow. In microblading, the expert uses a handheld tool with nano blades to put the pigment of the tattoo manually into the epidermis’s basal layer. It mimics the hair-like strokes on the skin. The overall result is quite natural.
- Micropigmentation – In this technique, the technician uses a device with a fine acupuncture needle. They then implant the pigment between the epidermis and dermis layer. This technique is apt for those who want to have the appearance of light makeup on their face. The technique contours the features of the face and makes it more harmonious.
- Eyeliner tattoo – Eyeliner tattoo treatment makes the eyes seem larger. There are two kinds of eyeliner tattoos. The usual eyeliner treatment opens and defines the eyes with a wing shape of eyeliner. The lash line treatment pigments small dots within the lash bed layers. It imparts the appearance of fuller and thicker lashes. At the same time, it’s also very natural looking.
Who Can Go in for Cosmetic Tattooing?
From young to old, everyone can consider cosmetic tattooing. Suppose you want a natural enhancement to your appearance. In that case, you can search for a clinic in Melbourne with experts skilled in carrying out the different procedures. Generally, the following categories of people find cosmetic tattooing beneficial for them.
- People who cannot apply makeup by themselves.
- People with bad eyesight.
- Busy people who don’t have much time to apply makeup.
- People who suffer from allergies that makeup causes.
- People in the entertainment industry.
- People who regularly engage in sports activities.
- People with thinning eyebrows.
If you wish to enhance your facial features, it’s best to look into an experienced facility of cosmetic tattooing in Melbourne whose professionals have performed over 1000 cosmetic and medical tattoo procedures. Such a facility utilises German organic pigments that contain no heavy metals and are tested in independent laboratories. So, you can be sure that the procedure will be safe and you won’t experience any undesirable side effects.